UNFFE ICT4Farmers Platform
The UNFFE ict4farmers Initiative is one of the pillar programmes of UNFFE 2030 vision whose background is from “Enhancing ICT adoption service delivery , content and digital skills for small holder farmers project” , it is focused on transforming small holder agriculture into sustainable and profitable enterprises. The Uganda National Farmers Federation (UNFFE) ICT4farmer initiative is implemented in partnership with Eight
Tech Consults, with the kind support from Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) in collaboration with Rural Communications Development Fund (RCDF).
The Overall objective of UNFFE ICT4farmers programme is to contribute to accelerate uptake of ICT4Agric, innovations by various actors especially smallholder farmers in a number of value chain covering crops, animal, poultry, agro forestry and fisheries.
Key outputs and outcomes.
1. An integrated innovative decision enhancement digital platform for agriculture. (http://app.unffeict4farmers.org/)
2. Agriculture content development, validation, certification and distribution.
3. Digital skilling of farmers and other value chain actors.
4. Awareness and ICT uptake promotion.
5. Research, advocacy and change management.