Capacity Building on e-Learning Pedagogy, Content Authoring and Delivery workshop for RUFORUM University Staff
The training was conducted as a two-day virtual/ online workshop through Zoom . It had both theory and practical sessions that were undertaken in and outside of the training sessions with a team of five facilitators from Eight tech consults ltd and 100 participants drawn from the RUFORUM network.
The Facilitators provided necessary guidance and skills to participants for them to be able to learn how to prepare for an online class using well known pedagogical aspects, use tools such as eXe and Hot Potatoes for content authoring and assessment development. Being an online workshop, training and resource materials were prepared and shared with the participants prior to the training.
- In detail, this is what was done during the 2-day training;
- In the two days’ workshop, the academic staff had an intensive hands on training in different aspects of e-learning including but not limited to: pedagogical perspectives of e-learning (how to facilitate learning in e-learning), e-content development, student centred learning, online video conferencing teaching etiquettes, student-teacher interaction, educational technology strategies, etc
- Participants were facilitated to plan, design and implement an e-learning course for an online classroom session
- The participants were also be given an opportunity to look at and evaluate existing e-learning courses that they are familiar with or have interacted with before. Case studies were also evaluated during the discussion of best practices.
- The workshop also involved presentations, case studies and practical work in both exe and hot potatoes software.
this training session was a successful knowledge sharing session among all the members and the details of this training can also be accessed from Day 1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDDKELxQaNo Day 2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eukj3b7aZow