- This event has passed.
Resource mobilization training for UNFFE and UCC staff.
September 11, 2020
This training covers the complete process of resource mobilisation that considers a mixture of strategies to generate revenue for the organization. identification of an achievable and fund-able project, research and assessment of viable funding sources, Funder relations, development of a resource mobilisation strategy.
Participants will gain an understanding of the non-profit environment and become familiar with tools and resources available to assist them as they seek funds for their projects, organisations, or causes.
In this training, the following will be covered:
- Participants acquire knowledge and skills on how to identify funding opportunities and how to effectively mobilize financial resources
- Participants acquire knowledge and skills of identifying and accessing other resources of production for their programmes.
- Participants acquire skills and know how of identifying alternative income sources and social enterprises and how to diversify their organizational income
- Participant will acquire knowledge and skills of using cyber space like web portal, crowd funding, social media among others to a strategize for brand development and resource mobilization
- Participants with be enlightened on development partners funding trends and models
- Participants acquire knowledge and skills of developing winning grant proposals
- Participants learn how to develop a sustainable resource mobilization strategy and develop actions to be implemented in their organization
VENUE: Makerere University Continuing Agricultural Education Centre. (CAEC)
We have the course online at www.8learning.org (All participants will have access and contribute to the online discussions (Forums) setup to help members exchange ideas. The course will continue being available to members for an agreed time after the training.
Friday 11th september 2020 Time: 08:00AM – 5:00PM
NGOs, Government Agencies, Practitioners, private Individuals.
Inclusive of Break Tea, Lunch + Refreshments and Water during the Training
Profiles of Facilitators:
The facilitators have written and won a number of grants from most international funding agencies, including EU, AU, Bill gates, and MasterCard, Rockefeller, among others. The facilitators are international reviewers of grant proposals for a number of Funders. The experience and expertise they will provide to the participants.
Dr. Drake Patrick Mirembe
Dr. Drake Patrick Mirembe holds a PhD from the University of Groningen, The Netherlands in information system security. Drake has worked both in the industry and academia in the last 15 years.
Dr. Drake is an active researcher in the field of ICT for Development, ICT4Agric, Learning Technologies, health information systems, digital security, secure integration of ICTs, and ICT innovation and Incubation. Besides, academics Dr. Drake has worked in the industry for over 15 years as a senior ICT and Management Consultant. More Here: www.drakemirembe.org
Prof. Jude T. Lubega
Jude Lubega is a Professor of Information Technology who has vast experience in ICT4D. He is currently the Deputy Vice Chancellor of Uganda Technology and Management University. He previously served in Makerere University from 2007 t0 2012 as the Deputy Dean and the Head of the Information Technology Department in the College of Computing and Information Sciences.
He is an experienced ICT4D consultant and has undertaken numerous researches and projects both nationally and internationally. He is a member of several boards and has won several research funds to undertake ICT4D projects. He is formerly a researcher and Lecturer in the School of Systems Engineering at the University of Reading, UK. More here: www.judelubega.com
For registration and inquiries please call: 0414-666-784 | 0704140818 | 0776844343 or
email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and Book Your Place Today for other upcoming trainings.