- This event has passed.
ICT4Farmers – Farmer Digital Skilling Training Sessions
February 4 @ 4:00 pm - March 25 @ 5:00 pmFree
The ict4farmers Initiative is one of the pillar programs of UNFFE 2030 vision whose background is from “Enhancing ICT adoption service delivery, content and digital skills for smallholder farmers project”, it is focused on transforming smallholder agriculture into sustainable and profitable enterprises. The Uganda National Farmers Federation (UNFFE) ICT4farmer initiative is implemented in partnership with Eight Tech Consults, with the kind support from Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) in collaboration with Rural Communications Development Fund (RCDF).
The overall objective of the ICT4farmers program is to contribute to accelerating uptake of ICT4Agric, innovations by various actors especially smallholder farmers in a number of value chains covering crops, animal, poultry, agroforestry, and fisheries.
Key outputs and outcomes of the program.
1. An integrated innovative decision enhancement digital platform for agriculture. (http://app.unffeict4farmers.org/)
2. Agriculture content development, validation, certification, and distribution.
3. Digital skilling of farmers and other value chain actors.
4. Awareness and ICT uptake promotion.
5. Research, advocacy, and change management.
With the development of these platforms, the program has embarked on a rigorous digital skilling program for the farmers not only to use the designed platforms but to also gain knowledge and understanding on the better use of digital skills, devices, equipment, and other ICT relevant policies.
These digital training sessions will be carried out every Friday at 4 pm covering a number of areas i.e.
- Digital Skills Development
- ICT4Farmers User Manual
- ICT4Farmers System Training Guide.
- Introduction to computers
- Microsoft word 2013
- Applying Styles
- Microsoft Excel
- Working with rows and columns
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Social Media
- How to effectively search the internet
This course is designed for all farmers, prospective farmers, service providers, and other well-wishers with the desire to improve their ICT skills and incorporate ICT in their agricultural value chain.