- This event has passed.
ICT4FARMERS DESIGN THINKING WORKSHOP
August 3, 2020 @ 8:00 am - August 8, 2020 @ 5:00 pmFree
PROJECT TITLE: ENHANCING ICT ADAPTION, SERVICE DELIVERY, CONTENT AND DIGITAL SKILLS FOR SMALL HOLDER FARMERS
The UNFFE ICT4Farmers Initiative is one of the pillar programmes for UNFFE 2030 vision, which is focused on transforming smallholder agriculture into sustainable and profitable enterprises. The UNFFE ICT4farmer initiative is implemented in partnership with Eight Tech Consults (www.8technologies.net) one of the leading ICT4Agric firms in the region…
Uganda National Farmers Federation in Partnership with Eight Technologies is implementing a multi-year programme with kind support from Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) on accelerating digitalization of smallholder agriculture in Uganda as an engine of social transformation of our country.
This initiative has three (3) thematic results areas, which are;
1) Establishment of an integrated stakeholder decision enhancement service platform
2) Digital skilling of farmers and other value chain actors
3) Establishment of a content development and distribution mechanism across value chains
Thus as part of the programme implementation methodology, this stakeholder design thinking workshop is meant to capture stakeholders input on programme implementation especially on the establishment of service requirements for the digital platform.
Date: 3rd -7th August, 2020
Venue: Continue Agriculture Eduaction Centre (CEAC), Kabanyoro, Makerere University
Time : 8am to 5 pm
1) Remarks by CEO Eight Technologies
2) Remarks by CEO UNFFE
3) Remark by President UNFFE
4) Workshop Openning by UCC representative
5) Presentation of motivation factors for the platforms and desired features by Eight Tech
6) Working grouping on Platform stakeholder Identification and Decision enhencement needs
7) Platforms Service modules and access modes profiling
8) Finalisation of platform requirements ( functional, non-functional and Operational)
You’re welcome.. Let us transform agriculture and contribute to social transformation of our country.